Poly API Corporation
Last Updated: Aug 23, 2023
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of personal information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
If you do not provide your information when requested, you may not be able to use our Website if that information is necessary to provide you with our Website or if we are legally required to collect it.
A. Personal Information You Provide to Us
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive personal information about you. For example, when you contact us for more information about Poly, we may receive your name, email address, company name, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
Early Access. If you sign up for early access to the Poly beta, we will collect your name, email address, and company name.
Careers. If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience.
B. Personal Information We Collect When You Use Our Website
Location Information. When you use our Website, we infer your general location information, for example, by using your internet protocol (IP) address.
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Website, including IP address, web browser type, and operating system version.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Website and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Website like the pages or other content you view and the dates and times of your visits.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies
Strictly Necessary Cookies. Some Cookies are strictly necessary to make our Website
available to you. We cannot provide you with our Website without this type of Cookies.
- __cf_bm: This is to prevent bots from attacking the website. No data is being tracked other than verifying that visitors are real users and not a bot. The retention period is 1 day.
- elementor: Used in context with the website’s WordPress theme. The Cookie allows the website owner to implement or change the website’s content in real time. The retention period is 30 days.
Functional Cookies: Functional Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Website. This enables us to adapt our content for you and remember your
preferences. For example, we use functional Cookies to remember your choice of language or region. The retention period for each of the Cookies below is up to 365
player: Saves the user’s preferences when playing embedded videos from Vimeo.
sync_active: Contains data on visitor’s video-content preferences. This allows the website to remember parameters such as preferred volume or video quality. The service is provided by Vimeo.com.
_ga: Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
_ga#: Used by Google Analytics to collect data on the number of times a user has visited the website as dates for the first and most recent visit.
aka_debug: Used by Vimeo to track usage of their embedded video player.
g.gif: Registers statistical data on users’ behavior on the website. Used for internal analytics by the website operator.
vuid: Collects data on the user’s visits to the website, such as which pages have been read.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn how you may modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from our Website, you may not be able to utilize the features of our Website to their fullest potential.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We use the personal information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Website;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Website and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Website, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To provide you early access to the Poly beta;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you;
- To generate de-identified or aggregated data for any lawful purpose;
- To find and prevent fraud and abuse, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide notice at the time the personal information is collected.
Legal Bases for Processing European Personal Information
If you are located in the EEA or the UK, we only process your personal information when we have a valid “legal basis,” including as set forth below.
- Contractual Necessity. We may process your personal information where required to provide you with our Website. For example, we may need to process your personal information to respond to your inquiries or requests.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation. We may process your personal information where we have a legal obligation to do so. For example, we may process your personal information to comply with tax, labor and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your personal information where we or a third party have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information.
Specifically, we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Website. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your personal information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
How We Disclose the Personal Information We Collect
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn more about Google’s practices by visiting [ https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ ].
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your personal information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your personal information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through our Website.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may transfer or disclose your personal information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company, or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
Consent. We may also disclose personal information from or about you or your devices with your permission.
Marketing Emails. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us. Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you have additional rights described below.
- You may request access to the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, have your personal information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your personal information to another company. In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your personal information at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
We take measures to delete your personal information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this personal information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, the impact on the Website we provide to you if we delete some personal information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law, and any relevant statute of limitations.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information by using physical and
electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the personal information we maintain. However, because no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your personal information.
Our Website is hosted in the United States (“U.S.”) and intended for visitors located within the U.S. If you choose to use our Website from the EEA, the UK or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing. We may transfer personal information from the EEA or the UK to the U.S. and other third countries based on European Commission-approved or UK Government-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or otherwise in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may also transfer your personal information from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Website. By providing any information, including personal information, on or through our Website, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Poly API Corporation
8 The Green, Suite R
Dover, DE 19901